Benton couple wakes up to intruder in home | News
BENTON, Ark. (KTHV) - A couple woke up to an intruder in their Benton home Thursday around 1:30 a.m.
According to the Saline County Sheriff's office, the suspect, Derek Dione Wilkerson, 41, reportedly confronted the victims and demanded money. Deputies said the suspected intruder then fled in the victim's vehicle with several of their items.
In a media release, deputies said Wilkerson was identified by the victims in a photo line-up and he is now believed to be in Texas.
Texas law enforcement agencies have been notified.
According to deputies, Wilkerson is believed to be in a 2004 white Ford Mustang convertible with a tan top, and a license plate reading 416RAM.
Wilkerson is wanted for two counts of the following:
-Breaking and entering
-Theft of property
Upcoming Events near Benton Bryant
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled