Alexander officer charged with manslaughter appears in court | News
ALEXANDER, Ark. (KTHV) - The Alexander police officer involved in a deadly shooting in September appeared in Saline Co. District Court Friday following her Thursday arrest.
Saline County Prosecuting Attorney Ken Casady announced Thursday Nancy Cummings is charged with manslaughter.
Cummings shot and killed Carleton Wallace during an arrest on Sept. 8, 2012 in Alexander, and Cummings claimed the gun accidentally went off and hit Wallace. The Arkansas State Police investigated the case and submitted a case file to the Prosecuting Attorney for review.
She is currently being held in lieu of $10,000 bond, and is scheduled to reappear for plea and arraignment Feb. 5.
Upcoming Events near Benton Bryant
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled