Officer claims shooting was accidental | News
ALEXANDER, Ark. (KTHV) The man shot by an Alexander police officer on Saturday has died. His name is Carleton Wallace, a 30-year-old from Bryant. State police are investigating the officer-involved shooting.
Police officer Nancy Cummings told police she noticed Wallace had a pistol tucked under his pants and then saw him throw the gun into the woods, and while Cummings was attempting to arrest him she says her weapon discharged. Alexander police say Cummings is currently on leave.
It happened at the intersection of Brookwood and Lindsey Drive around 5 p.m. Saturday.
Upcoming Events near Benton Bryant
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- LRPD, Target holding Shop with a Cop event Dec. 14
- Chase Brown gets a helping hand from Arkansas Voices for the Children Left Behind
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls